Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 10

For all you folks that thought i fell off the wagon, Do i have bad news for you.  In the first 10 day's i've only missed 2 days doing DDPYoga.  The other 2 days i got in a ton of walking.  On Wednesday/Thursday i was in Richmond VA with work.

Day 7 which was Tuesday.  I got in a Fat Burner and an Energy.  My food that day was pretty solid, as i stayed below my caloric deficit, and really applied myself to the workouts.

Day 8/9 I was in Richmond as i stated before and did a ton of walking.  My food wasn't the best, however i made better decisions about what i ate.  Instead of the fried chicken supplied at the expo i was at, i ate a sub from subway (Hey it's the lesser of 2 evils here)

So that leads me to today, day 10.  1/9th of the way through this 90 day challenge.  How do i fell, way better then i did 10 days ago.  The progress i've made is nuts (as i'll explain in a minute).  So, today i feel that i need to weight to see how i did while in Richmond.  Did i gain weight from the semi bad eating.  NOT AT ALL.  I made smarter decisions, stayed in my caloric range, and actually lost .5 pounds.  How great is that.  So that got me motivated, as well as the amazing crew at teamddpyoga.com and i decided today i was going to try Diamond Cutter.  Which is a 50 minute workout.

Normally i struggle with count push ups here.  However, i absolutely killed Diamond Cutter, no modifications, no BS, no "Feeling sorry for myself" so i need to take it easy.  Just me, a yoga mat, and Diamond Dallas Page.  That's right, I killed that thing.  What i accomplished stretching was amazing, and the kicker was this.  I did all 5 sets of 3 second push ups.  If you don't do DDPYoga or don't know what a count push up is it is this.  Your in plank, you go down for 3 seconds, you hold at the bottom for 3 seconds, you go up for 3 seconds, then go down 3 seconds, hold another 3 seconds and drop to the ground.  That's right, i did all 5.  I really impressed myself, BUT it get's better.

I then did all 5 Exploding push ups, Which is where you go all the way down to where your about an inch of the ground in "crocodile" then count to five, after 5 you push up as hard as you can.  I did all 5 in a row.  After that some more stretching follow by a 5 second push up, which is the same as the 3 but in 5 second intervals.  Oh boy, but if you thought the story was over your wrong.

I then get to 10 second push ups, i'm nervous, my arms are trembling from the amount of time I've spent doing Dynamic  Resistance punches, curls, pull ups and all that, plus the amount of time I've spent in down dog.  So i get to the 10 second push up.  That means, 10 seconds going down, holding 10 seconds, pushing up 10 seconds, going down 10 seconds, holding 10 seconds, then dropping..  And i did it.... the entire thing.

We only get better and stronger by pushing our limits.  If we do what is comfortable we will never get results.  Today i pushed myself, and found out i could do things i never thought i'd be able to do this quick.

Guys, this program is the real deal.  It's the closest things to a miracle drug there is.  Look into it.

With that, i'll see you guys tomorrow.

OWN YOUR LIFE!
BANG!!!

-Jonathan Seabolt

No comments:

Post a Comment